Sunday 16 August 2015

Glasses and a 5yr Old

Today we had an appointment with the orthoptist with S, due to a referral whilst being checked at school.  We had this issue when O was checked but he was fine, and it was put down to getting distracted during the test, was half expecting the same with S as I know he can be distracted very easily.

S completed the tests required, but he seemed to be struggling with his right eye, which corresponded with his school results, he now had to have drops (a dye) put in his eyes, wait 30 minutes to then see the optician.  I thought we would only be 10-15 minutes, guess I was wrong.


After 30 minutes we were called in, his eyes were checked and it was confirmed S needed glasses.....  This is now all new to me, as he is the first of my boys to need glasses, but as I had to go to work, it would have to be dealt with later.


Once the hubby was home, S and I nipped into town to go and pick some glasses, he was worried that people would call him names, I was shocked as he's only 5, but after some reassurance he was happy.  We went into a couple of shops, but nothing that suited and when we found 1 he liked, I was informed if they were broken it would be £20 everytime for fixing, I decided to try somewhere else.


The third and final place he found 2 frames he liked which fitted, he's only small so we struggled with finding small enough ones that suited his face.  He tried them on and was happy, we now have to wait till next week to get them.  I'm just hoping that maybe his clumsiness might calm down, I suppose I can live in hope.






 We have now collected his glasses and he now looks even cuter.  Trying to get him to wear them in a bit of a battle but its getting easier, and no breakages so far.... fingers crossed.

S looking super cute in his glasses


Thanks for reading. x

1 comment:

  1. Aww he really suits the glasses. Looking super cute! :-) we found after the tests at school there was a big influx of new kids wearing glasses. Glasses seem to be "cool" again at the moment! x

    ReplyDelete